|To introduce the latest VLSI Design Technologies and software used in the Electronics/Semiconductor industry. The software and hardware packages which will be introduced in this course are:
- Xilinix ISE 14.1 for FPGA digital design, DSP design and implementation, Electrical and Instrumentation applications using Spartan/Virtex.
- Embedded system application using Xilinx EDK, VIVADO and Spartan/Virtex, Z-board
- Active HDL for VHDL/Verilog digital design and simulation.
- Tanner tool for IC design.
- Spice for Circuit Simulation.
- Introduction to Cadence tool for IC Design.
- Process Tool for silicon using Silvaco.
- Overview of VLSI/ASIC design and methodology.
- Course on VHDL/Verilog, Spice.
- Architectural overview of FPGA and CPLDs.
- MOS and CMOS device physics.
- IC design and fabrication process (Full Custom and Semi-Custom)
- Cell Library Design.
- Analog/Mixed signal design methodology.
- Testing/Mixed signal design methodology.
- Testing and Verification issues of VLSI Design.
|Students are expected to know the fundamentals of analog and digital circuits. Students should have completed at least 4th Semester of BPUT.
For Students: Rs. 8,000/-
For Industry sponsored candidates: Rs. 10,000/-